Banana Pancake Bunnies
Either make cute bunnies like these, or shape into average size pancakes for a delicious stack.
Makes 5 bunnies or around 15 average size pancakes.
• 230g self raising flour
• 1tsp baking powder
• 1tsp vanilla extract
• 2 eggs medium (can use chia eggs, may need a splash more milk to form a thick spreadable batter)
• 2 ripe bananas
• 110ml milk (can sub for plant based alternatives)
1) Add all the ingredients to a large jug and quickly whizz till smooth using a hand stick blender. Or mash the bananas and mix in the remaining ingredients.
2) Heat a large none stick pan over a medium to low heat, and add a drizzle of sunflower oil. Making each bunny at a time, you will need 4 different shaped circles and some long ear tear drops. Starting with the body, add a large circle of batter to the pan, approx 14/15 cm in diameter, along with 1x approx 9cm for the head, 2x 5cm for the feat and a small 2cm round pancake for the tail. To make the ear teardrops, using a tablespoon of batter, tap the batter into the pan, then gently spread one side to elongate the shape. Cook the pancake pieces until you see bubbles forming, flip and cook for a further 1/2 minutes or until browned nicely.
3) Repeat till you have used up all the batter and you can start assembling your bunny pancakes.
Pancakes are suitable from 6 months. Be mindful of small egg size Easter sweets and don’t serve whole to children under 4.
Will keep for 3 days in an airtight container or freeze for up to 3 months.
Prep: 3 minutes - cook: 10/15 minutes for all 5.